When you undertake a major expense, as a house painting job can be, you should feel confident that someone will be there to pick up the ball if something goes wrong.
We, at Classic Shades Painting, take great pride and care in creating long-lasting paint jobs. However, in an unlikely event that there is a problem with a painting job we did for you, you can call us and have the problem corrected.
THE FOLLOWING IS OUR WARRANTY POLICY:
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 36 months from the date on the front of your contract, Classic Shades Painting will repair peeling, blistering, or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
For this warranty to be effective, you must:
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Present evidence that all payments have been made in full upon completion.
- Contact Classic Shades Painting by phone, at 415.566.4910, so that we can arrange for an inspection of your property, explain the nature and extent of the covered repairs and plan for performing on the needed work.
- Make the property accessible to us, to perform the repairs.
Classic Shades Painting will:
- Perform all of the covered repairs at no cost to you.
- Perform any covered repairs to surface preparation as described in original contract.
- Perform any covered repairs on specific areas where peeling and/or blistering has occurred. An exact color match cannot be assured, as environmental conditions will affect the color of all paints over time.
What the Warranty does NOT cover:
- Any work where Classic Shades Painting did not supply the paint materials.
- Any work which was not performed by Classic Shades Painting or where a non-employee of Classic Shades Painting has attempted to do surface preparation.
- Water intrusion detection or elimination.
- Any peeling or blistering that Classic Shades Painting determines is the result of a moisture intrusion problem. Properly applied paint will blister and peel, usually to bare wood, in areas where the substrate is exposed to a large amount of moisture. Inadequately ventilated interior rooms (kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.) and leaking roofs, windows and gutters filled with debris are some of the usual moisture intrusion culprits.
- Any horizontal surface or any surface that is the result of a structural design that permits moisture to collect. This includes, but is not limited to decks, railings, stairs and porches.
- Varnished or natural finished wood surfaces.
- We we can’t be responsible for exact matching of existing colors or textures. Neither can we guarantee that the finish paint samples you selected will exactly match the finish coating. All paints change color as they age. There is no way to predict exactly how age, sunlight and weather will affect any surface coating. We recommend lighter colors, as they are more reflective of the sunlight and generally extend the life of a paint film.
- Conditions that are the result of a failure in the paint itself. Including but not limited to, fading, chalking, flashing, and lapping.
- The appearance of mildew, mold, or any other environmental conditions.
- The appearance of cracks due to earthquakes or ground movement.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY CLASSIC SHADES PAINTING AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY CLASSIC SHADES PAINTING TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THE JOB CONTRACT.